The YNAB Toolkit Browser Extension
Recorded on August 19th, 2016
A friend of mine told me about the new YNAB Toolkit browser extension. The people who wrote it and contribute to it aren’t affiliated with YNAB — they’re just enthusiastic about the new web-based version of the app and see opportunities to add features that the rest of us think are missing.
If you’re a YNAB-online user, you have to get this thing. The extension adds a ton of new features to YNAB. I’m using the Chrome one, because the Safari version is a little bit behind while Apple reviews the update. Some of my favorite additions:
- The “Check #” column is back in the account register!
- Net Worth Report (actually, any reports at all are a big step forward)
- In-cell calculator like in YNAB4!
- Searching transactions, like in YNAB4
- Alternating row colors in the register
- Shortcut buttons show Scheduled or Reconciled items quickly in the register
- Current month is highlighted in blue in Budget view